Friday, September 11, 2009

Why We Loved It So Much

Why We Loved It So Much: Holly Madison was the perfect Playboy brand ambassador during her star making run on The Girls Next Door. She traipsed around the mansion in velour short-shorts, earnestly worked on nudie pic layouts, played doting doormat to father figure boyfriend Hugh Hefner and occasionally took it all off with fellow blonde pretty things Bridget and Kendra for special edition pictorials. Oh, and she was/is smokin' hot, in the fake hair, fake face, fake boobs Playboy amalgamation kind of way. Still, she owned up to the fact that she'd had work done, and that made us love her more. Hef's favorite girl was ours too.

Now, Not So Much: In a recent interview with Life & Style, Madison discussed her plastic surgery, saying, "when I was younger, I was the first person in my class to start getting boobs, so I thought I was going to be huge. But I stopped growing before everybody else started. That was a big letdown…I knew what I wanted to look like and was kind of disappointed."

Madison persevered through this adolescent tragedy by simply buying the chest nature didn't give her. She also had her nose done, dyed her hair blonde, tanned herself orange and "developed an interest" in makeup. Madison admits, "plastic surgery made it easier for me to get things I wanted in my career. Without it, I wouldn't be where I am today…And a lot of doors open when you look a certain way."

She gets points for honesty, but immediately loses them again on grounds of vapid delusion by saying, "beauty is truly on the inside. Looks don't define you - they're just a tool to get what you want."

We call foul. Sure, it's interesting to hear Madison talk about the pressures of playmate beauty, but getting a condescending "real beauty is on the inside speech" from someone who admittedly cut and pasted themselves together to become famous is just a deluded bitch slap to reason. We love you and your plastic assets, Holly, but don't pretend that you're defined by anything more than your T & A.

No comments:

Post a Comment